Portfolio Development Sr. Analyst
The Role: Portfolio Development Sr. Analyst
Portfolio Development is focused on three main areas: Strategy, Partnership/Business Development, and program management. The Portfolio Development Sr. Analyst will:
• Support three of MRV’s target sectors working as part of each sector’s cross-functional team
• Identify and assess potential investment areas including overall market size & attractiveness, key trends & drivers, winning & losing business models, and risks & trends
• Develop strategic theses at the portfolio and individual investment level
• Support strategic workshops with business units partners and portfolio companies
• Support partnership structuring, negotiation, and business plan creation with portfolio companies
• Support the business/project planning and program management of strategic engagements with portfolio companies
• Support content creation efforts to engage with and transfer knowledge to senior Munich Re executives
• Support the delivery and continued refinement of the Munich Re Ventures Quarterly Report
The Group: Munich Re Ventures
Munich Re Ventures (MRV) is the venture capital group of Munich Re, the world’s largest reinsurance company, and a leading global provider of primary insurance and insurance-related risk solutions. MRV is a $1B+ platform that is financially driven while focusing on the strategic interests of Munich Re and the broader insurance industry. MRV’s experienced investors work closely with Munich Re Group businesses across the globe to fund and partner with the best-emerging companies that are developing new technologies and business models – and risks – for tomorrow’s world. The funds cover a broad set of sectors including InsurTech (P&C and Life & Health), Cybersecurity & Privacy, ClimateTech, Industrial & Equipment Technologies, and the Future of Transportation.
MRV Website: https://www.munichreventures.com/
The Person: Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be one part strategist, one part project manager, and one part technologist. The successful candidate will need to have the relevant foundation and self-assuredness to develop their process and drive their work without step-by-step instructions. Additional specific skills include the following:
• Experience with deckbuilding and storytelling
• Experience with performing market assessments, particularly in emerging markets or areas where there is unclear or missing information
• Demonstrated business/financial modeling expertise across a variety of methods, business types, and desired outcomes (e.g., sizing a market, developing financial projections, and modeling cash flow & P&L).
• Ability to perform “deep dive analysis” on highly technical subject areas surrounding technology, analytics, etc.
• Disciplined execution capability with demonstrated ability to develop work plans and facilitate execution across a small team, as well as the determination to find creative solutions in the face of challenges or “no.”
• Ability to draw conclusions from complex and/or incomplete information
Requirements and Qualifications
• 1-3 years of experience, including 1 year in management consulting, corporate strategy, or equivalent
• Superior Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel Skills
• Self-motivated with high initiative
• Willing to travel 20% of the time including internationally
At Munich Re Ventures, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a team that reflects the entrepreneurs and companies we work with and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued, and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.